Brown & Watson International Pty Ltd (BWI) of 1500 Ferntree Gully Road, Knoxfield, Victoria, telephone (03) 9730 6000, fax (03) 9730 6050, warrants all products from the date of purchase by the end-user for a period of one (1) year and covers defects in materials and/or workmanship only from the date of the original purchase by the consumer as marked on the invoice.
BWI also offers extended warranty periods on selected products as indicated on product packaging.
CONDITIONS OF WARRANTY
This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear or apply to a product that:
- has been subject to misuse, alterations, neglect, negligence, damage or accident
- has been improperly maintained, operated or installed
- has not been installed in accordance with the installation instructions in effect at the time of installation or as recommended to be installed by suitably qualified personnel
- has not been installed in accordance with the vehicle, engine or equipment manufacturers’ recommendations
- has had insufficient or excessive electrical supply or subject to undue environmental conditions
- has been fitted to any vehicle that has been changed or modified from original specification in a way that could impact on the performance of the BWI warranted product
BWI warranty does not cover replacement of any product consumable items (i.e. bulbs or lenses).
HOW TO MAKE A CLAIM
To make a warranty claim:
- If the product is suspected of being defective, the consumer must stop using it and contact the original place of purchase.
- The product must be returned (at the consumer’s expense) to the original place of purchase or any other place nominated by the retailer or BWI for a warranty assessment to be performed.
- The original proof of purchase together with an explanation in writing as to the nature of the claim must accompany the returned product to assist with the warranty assessment.
- The consumer shall promptly provide further information that may be requested with respect to the claim.
- The customer will be notified of the warranty decision in writing and if found to be invalid the customer must organise collection of the product at their expense or authorise its disposal.
- Free Call our Technical Support team for any Technical and Warranty related enquires on: 1800 422 422 (Australia).
If the claim is found to be valid and is for a minor failure of the product then BWI reserves the right to repair or replace the product at its discretion
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
NEW ZEALAND WARRANTY
Griffiths Equipment Ltd warrants that all products sold (will be under normal use and service free of defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of original purchase by the customer as marked on the invoice.
Griffiths Equipment Ltd also offers extended warranty periods on selected products as indicated on product packaging.
The warranty does not cover the exclusions listed above under ‘Conditions of Warranty’.
Where the customer is acquiring (or holds itself out as acquiring) the goods for business purposes, the customer, BWI and Griffiths Equipment Ltd acknowledge and agree for the purposes of section 43 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 that:
- pursuant to this warranty, goods are being supplied and acquired in trade;
- they are all in trade;
- they are contracting out of the provisions of the Consumer Guarantees Act;
- it is fair and reasonable that they are bound by this clause; and
- they have each been fully able to negotiate the terms of this warranty, and have each been represented by and received advice from a lawyer during the negotiations prior to this warranty.
For the avoidance of doubt, to the extent that the customer is acquiring or holding itself out as acquiring the goods for business purposes the statutory guarantees provided for in the Act are hereby excluded. The Consumer Guarantees Act will apply in all other circumstances.
To the extent permitted by law, BWI and Griffiths Equipment Ltd shall not be liable for any loss of profits or any consequential, indirect or special loss, damage or injury of any kind whatsoever arising directly or indirectly from BWI products. This limitation does not apply to any liability of BWI for failure to comply with a consumer guarantee applicable to your BWI product under the Australian or New Zealand legislation and does not affect any rights or remedies that may be available to you under the Australian or New Zealand Consumer Legislation.